So I’ve been nominated for the Libster award… twice, once by Michael Fernandez , Check out his blog! And once by IgniteTruth1 Check out his blog also. I am truly honored that these guys think my bog is worth recognition especially as I am quite new to the blogging community. I write for myself and also in the hope that I can help people out by sharing my experiences with chronic pain/illness.
Info About the “Liebster Award”
The Liebster Award, or “the favorite blog award”, is an internet-based award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. In Germany, the word “liebster” has the same meaning as “favorite, beloved, or dearest.” This award is primarily given to blogs that have less than 200 followers. That way, it helps the blogger with being more known to the world as well as giving the blogger the opportunity to learn about more amazing bloggers.
For those I’ve nominated just like Ignitetruth1 and Michael has done, here is a guide on accepting your award.
So here are the questions I was asked
Since I was nominated twice I have two sets of ten questions to answer,
From Michael here are my ten questions:
1. What motivated you to start writing? I’ve been an avid blog reader since shortly after I got sick, would read other peoples blogs on chronic pain and illness to make myself feel less alone and more normal. I then decided to make a Tumblr, which was mainly me posting images of things that related to my life, it took me quite a while before I actually started writing a blog, I started with Tumblr, used that for a while, then in June this year I decided to make a proper wordpress blog instead of my Tumblr one. What motivated me to become a blogger was my illness, and it made me feel a bit better emotionally being able to write things down and get things off my chest.
2. Did you begin writing with your blog or just to yourself to begin? I’ve kept a sort of diary for quite a number of years now, so I began with that and then progressed to writing a blog for others to read also.
3. How have your readers helped you? My readers have helped my just by me knowing I’m not alone in this, and by them sending me well wishes and prayers which mean a lot to me.
4. If you could write for any magazine which would it be or would you start from scratch? I have no clue, I don’t really read any magazines.
5. Are you working on writing any books, if so what about? No I’m not but that’s a good thought.
6. What was your most popular article you thought might be a flop? I don’t think I have one, my article with the most comments on it is ‘Was just told I’m lucky’. But I didn’t write it concerned that it would be a flop though.
7. Who do you admire in today’s world? Jamie Tworkowski, the founder of To Write Love On Her Arms, which is an American non profit organisation spreading awareness of mental health, self harm and addiction recovery.
8. How do you pick topics for your articles? I wouldn’t say I pick topics, I kind of just write what comes to my mind on that specific day be it an update on how I am, or a specific topic that’s on my mind at that present moment. so really depends on my day and what’s been happening as to what I write.
9. Have you ever pre-written a series of articles and released it on a timed basis on purpose, if so why? Sometimes if I have a lot on my mind about several specific topics I will pre write an article and then publish it further down the line, depends if I have already written a post that day and want to leave my next post to another day.
10. Do you ever consider writing for pay and quitting blogging, is the feedback rewarding enough for you? Never considered it to be honest.
Here are my 10 questions from IgniteTruth1:
Some I have already answered above so I will only include the questions that I haven’t already answered.
1. What motivated you to start writing? See above
2. Are you working on writing any books, if so what about? See above
3. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be and why? I’d like to travel to every state in America, I’ve been to a couple, Florida and New York, but I’d like to do an every state road trip, I just think that every state in America is so different and it would be amazing to visit all of them.
4. If you could write for any magazine which would it be or would you start from scratch? See above
5. When life is rough what do you do to find some peace in the storm? Most of the time I stay in bed and watch stuff on my laptop lots of TV shows and movies, helps to distract myself. I’m also a black belt in Taekwondo, so I go to that a lot, well as much as I am able to, helps me deal with my anger and gets all of my frustrations out.
6. Who would you most like to meet, past or present? I’m going to be a fan girl for this one, I’m a big blink-182 fan so I’d like to meet either Mark Hoppus or Tom Delonge, that would be amazing.
7. Who do you admire in today’s world? I don’t think I admire any particular person, but I suppose I admire anyone suffering from chronic pain/illness and all we have to go through.
8. If you could change one thing in the world, other than world peace and hunger, what would it be? The way people perceive people suffering from chronic pain/illness.
9. Sunsets or sunrises and why? Oh I don’t know actually.
10. Were you ever told that you could not achieve a certain goal and did it anyway? Don’t think so.
Now that I have answered all those questions, here are my list of 10 nominees for the award:
For my 10 nominees here are your 10 questions:
1. What motivated you to start writing a blog?
2. What’s your favourite book?
3. What’s your favourite month of the year and why?
4. Who do you admire in today’s world?
5. Were you ever told that you could not achieve a certain goal and did it anyway?
6. What’s a future goal you would like to achieve?
7. Who do you hope to be an inspiration to?
8. Other than blogging what are your other hobbies?
9. If you could travel anywhere where would you go?
10. What’s your favourite meal?
Well that sums up the award from me, will notify all my nominees, feel free to decline if you want to. Hope you all have a lovely low pain day!