So I went up to London to see my neurologist today. Had to wait 3 hours to be seen which was beyond annoying. But eventually I got to see my neuro.
He said that my GP had wrote to him, which I knew about and she had said that I wanted to go on opiates. He then said that if I went on opiates that I wouldn’t be able to have surgery. Surgery requirements are that you have to be opiate clean for 3 month prior to applying for surgery. He said I had to make a choice whether I wanted to go on opiates which he would fully understand why I would want that because I’m in pain. Or to suffer it out and wait for surgery without anything for the pain. Safe to say I have no idea what to do. He said that there is nothing more he can do for me. I’ve tried everything he has to offer with no success.
I’ve never felt so defeated and helpless and I honestly don’t know what to do. Do I suffer in pain for what could be a two year wait till surgery. Or do I go on opiates and finally get some relief that I so desperately need. I’m so upset on the train home it was hard to contain myself and hold back the tears. No one can help me anymore and I completely am helpless.