So I’ve been nominated for this award three times before, but last night I received two more nominations from two lovely bloggers, Emily and Skylar.
I always feel very honored that people think my blog is worthy of a award, so thank you.
As a nominee, one has to carry out the following tasks:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award
2. Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog
3. Answer the questions the award giver asked
4. List 11 facts about yourself
5. List your 11 nominees. Supposed to be with 200 followers or less. No tagbacks.
However because I have been nominated for this award several times now I’m not going to nominate anyone this time. But I will answer all the questions.
11 facts about myself:
1. I’m 20 years old.
2. I’m English but I lived in Dubai for 5 years from 2008-2013 and it was great. My Dad and sister still live there so I go out to visit a lot.
3. I have two chronic pain conditions; New Daily Persistent Headache and Elhers Danlos Syndrome and one chronic illness called Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome.
4. I take meds to control my POTS so I can function properly without passing out and having seizures all the time. But I no longer take meds for my NDPH due to the fact nothing ever helped and then I ran out of meds to try. But it has been the best thing for me all the meds ever did was give me side effects and no benefit. And instead I have learnt acceptance and mindfulness and have been trying to live a happy life despite pain and move on with my life from the pain that was holding me back for so long.
5. I’ve recently recovered from depression which was pretty severe due to my NDPH, but I’m feeling a lot better now than I have in years.
6. I had to drop out of school before fully completing high school due to my NDPH, but I’m going back to school in September to get qualifications to be able to (hopefully) go to university, and I’m really looking forward to it.
7. I want to study Psychology at university, I want to be able to help someone struggling with issues that I have struggled with.
8. I’m a black belt in Tae Kwon-Do and train at least 5 times a week.
9. I have a sister who is 3 years younger than me.
10. I have a yellow labrador named Bailey she is nearly 3.
11. I love to blog.
Emily asked me:
1. What was your favorite subject in school?
2. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
Looking back now it would probably have to be trying to kill myself and waking up in the ICU in hospital.
3. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Trying to live my life despite chronic pain.
4. Worst habit?
Picking my lips, it’s awful.
5. What were you like in high school?
Most of my high school years I have been sick and in chronic pain, which is a pretty hard thing to deal with, I was also severely depressed so because of all that my high school years were pretty terrible and I wasn’t myself.
6. What are you afraid of?
Going back to the deep dark pit of depression I was in for years.
7. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
J.K. Rowling (Bit of a Harry Potter fan)
8. What is your favorite book?
Chocolate & Vicodin: My quest or relief from the headache that wouldn’t go away.
It’s a book about a woman who has NDPH and her experience with it, I literally felt like she was describing myself and my thoughts when I read it, have even underlined all my favourite quotes in my copy and re read it regularly. Would really recommend it to anyone, headache condition or not, it’s an excellent read.
9. What one thing would you change if you had to do it over?
If I could change it (I can’t and that’s okay, but in a perfect world) not getting NDPH.
10. What has been your biggest challenge?
I recently did a charity cooking event with my friend, for a breast cancer charity. We did a pop up restaurant and cooked a 4 course Indian meal on three nights for 19 people each night. It was a great experience and we raised over £1,200 for the charity.
11. What’s your middle name?
Skylar asked me:
1. Three things you’re passionate about?
Tae Kwon-Do, Psychology and blogging
2. If you could relive a day or an event which would you choose and why?
Yesterday was actually a pretty great day, I was up in North Wales with my family visiting my Dads family. My Dads classic car which is a 1963 MG lives up there with my granddad who looks after it. And because my provisional licence finally came through my Dad let me have a go driving it and it was literally the best thing ever and pretty much a dream come true being able to drive that car.
3. Coffee or Tea?
5. Earliest childhood memory?
Honestly can’t remember much from my childhood and I’m honestly not sure I can pinpoint an earliest memory.
6. Favourite pass time?
Does Tae Kwon-Do count?
7. Most exciting place you’ve visited?
8. The last thing you ate prior to answering these questions?
Half a pizza
9. What’s playing on the radio now?
Not sure, not listening to anything.
10. If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
Being completely honest I would say suffering from chronic pain.
Like I said not going to nominate anyone as I’ve done it twice before. But very honored people think my blog is worthy of an award. I love blogging and it always makes me happy when people enjoy reading my posts, so thank you.